Extremely Cold Temperature on Display
- Temperature in a Sub-Zero shows very cold temperatures like -20°
- Temperature not showing correctly
- Unit runs all the time and extremely cold temperature shows on control
- Refrigerator and freezer temperatures are reading too cold
- Freezer is too cold and runs constant
- Unit may be in wrong temperature mode
- Stuck relay may cause compressor to continuously run and create very cold temperatures
- Verify the unit is connected to a dedicated power source.
- Turn unit off at the control panel and listen. If the unit is still running, service is needed.
- Verify the unit is not being powered by a generator.
- Verify the unit is set to show temperatures in degrees Fahrenheit. See also:
- Built-In Series Temperature Unit Selection
- Designer (Formerly Integrated) Series Temperature Unit Selection
- Designer Wine Temperature Unit Selection
- 648PRO Temperature Unit Selection
- Undercounter (UC) Series Temperature Unit Selection
- 700 Series Temperature Unit Selection
- 600 Series Temperature Unit Selection
- 400 Series Temperature Unit Selection
- Turn the unit off at the circuit breaker for 5 minutes and turn it back on.
- Give the unit 24 hours to return to normal temperatures between -5°F and 5°F.
- See also, Refrigerator Too Cold.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820