Sub-Zero UC-15I Undercounter Ice Maker Cleaning Instructions
- Steps to clean UC-15I Undercounter Ice Maker
- Clean UC-15I ice maker
- Sanitize Undercounter Ice Maker model UC-15I
- How to cancel the clean cycle
To Clean the Ice Maker
Clean and sanitize surfaces that come in contact with the water system every six months.
Note: The door may be left open during the cleaning cycle if desired but water and cleaner may splash out if left open.
- Once started, it is not possible to cancel the clean cycle. The only way to clear the system of cleaner or sanitizer is to allow the clean cycle to finish.
- The full cleaning and sanitizing cycle lasts over an hour. Plan to be present for the beginning and end of the cycle, as well as at the halfway point.
- Use only ice maker cleaner and sanitizer specific to the unit. For purchasing and other information, see also, UC-15I and 315I Undercounter Ice Maker Cleaning Solution and Sanitizer.
- If the UC-15I loses power during the clean cycle, run a new clean cycle without adding any cleaner or sanitizer.
- It may be necessary to run a second clean cycle if power was lost early in the cycle.
1. Run a cleaning cycle.
- To begin the cleaning cycle, press Clean as shown above. The ice maker initiates a two-minute harvest to remove remaining ice from the evaporator.
- Remove all ice from the bin.
- Measure 4 ounces (115 mL) of undiluted ice maker cleaner into a small cup.
- It is not necessary to use more than 4 ounces of cleaner.
- After three minutes, the CLEAN light will flash for one minute to indicate the proper time to add the cleaner or sanitizer solution. It stays steady throughout the cycle after the solution has been added.
- Lift the water shutters and pour ice maker cleaner directly into the spray area. Refer to the images below.
- Use a small cup or a turkey baster to easily pour the cleaner behind the shutters.
- A ten-minute cleaning cycle begins, followed by eight rinse cycles. The cleaning cycle stops after about 30 minutes.
- The Clean light will turn off to indicate the cleaning cycle is complete.
- Note: If the sanitizer and cleaner are run in the wrong cycle, repeat the cleaning cycle using the cleaner and sanitizer in the proper order.
2. Run a sanitizing cycle.
- After completing the cleaning cycle, to begin the sanitizing cycle, press the Clean button again.
- Measure 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of undiluted ice maker sanitizer into a small cup.
- If too much sanitizer is used, the bin will quickly fill with bubbles. This is a harmless reaction that will dissipate as the cycle runs.
- Three minutes later, the Clean light flashes. Lift the water shutters and pour ice maker sanitizer directly into the spray area. Refer to the images below.
- A ten-minute sanitizing cycle begins, followed by eight rinse cycles. The sanitizing cycle stops after about 30 minutes.
- The Clean light will turn off to indicate the sanitizing cycle is complete.
- The ice maker continues from the previous point before the cleaning cycle started. If it was in the ice making cycle, it starts ice making again. If it was in an off cycle, it turns off.
- If the full bottle of sanitizer is put into the unit, the first three batches of ice will need to be thrown out.
3. Sanitize the ice bin.
- Sanitize the ice storage bin using a spray bottle with a solution of 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sanitizer to 1 gallon (3.8 L) water and spray all interior surfaces.
- Do not rinse. Allow it to air dry.
Water shutters lifted:
- Pour cleaner directly into the area behind the shutters, cleaner will drain into the system for circulation.
For a deeper cleaning of internal parts, contact Factory Certified Service to assist in the cleaning and sanitization of the product.
UC-15I(P) Recommended Accessories
Cleaning and Filters
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820