KEEP SCREEN ON
Yield: Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
Ingredients3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
2 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup molasses
Additional sugar needed for rolling dough
- Position oven racks to 1, 3 and 5 (counting from the bottom of the oven.)
- Preheat Wolf oven in CONVECTION at 325° F (165°C).
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- Add molasses and beat again until well combined.
- Gently mix in dry ingredients, scrape down bowl and gently mix again.
- Scoop into balls and roll in bowl of granulated sugar to coat well.
- Bake on parchment at least 2” apart.
- Bake at 325 degrees in convection mode for about 16 minutes or until center of cookie is cooked through.