- How to remove the light diffuser or crisper light diffuser from a Classic (formerly Built-In) (BI) Series product
- Was there a change to how the light diffuser is installed or removed from a BI Series unit?
- The light shield in a BI Series is difficult to remove, is there a lock?
- How to install a BI model light diffuser
Steps to Verify Issue:
To remove the primary upper, overhead light diffuser from a Classic (formerly Built-In) Series product:
- Remove food items from the top shelf.
- Push diffuser toward rear of unit until center of inverted T-shaped slots line up with diffuser bracket pegs. Refer to the image below.
- Lower the light diffuser to remove.
To install, align slots with bracket pegs and raise the diffuser, then pull forward fully to engage pegs.
To remove the lower light diffuser, crisper light diffuser, or freezer light diffuser:
- Remove the drawer and shelf in front of the crisper light. See Refrigerator Drawer Removal for tips if needed.
- For products after serial number 4380000, squeeze the light diffuser with both hands, four inches from each side to release it from the diffuser retainers. Refer to the first two images below.
For products prior to serial number 4380000, place both hands under the right and left sides of the diffuser and push upward. Refer to the third image below.
- Pull the light diffuser from the unit.
To remove the freezer middle light diffuser (dispenser models only):
- The middle light fixture is inside the dispenser light enclosure, directly below the ice bin.
- For models BI-42SID and BI-42SD, press the tab at the front of the diffuser glass, then slide the glass forward.
For models BI-48SID and BI-48SD, press the tab to the right of the diffuser glass, then slide the glass to the right.
- To remove the bulb, turn it counterclockwise.
- Classic Series and IC-27 Model Light Bulbs
- BI-30U and BI-36U Freezer Light Bulb Removal
- Classic Series Crisper Drawer Lighting
- Designer (Formerly Integrated) Light Diffuser Removal
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820