- Possible jammed ice cube
- Low water pressure
- Frozen ice maker fill tube
- Warm freezer temperature
- Water valve energized longer than fifteen seconds
- No ice production in Undercounter Refrigeration Series (UC) model
- Ice maker will not cycle on UC Undercounter product
- Ice maker does not work and no fault codes
Steps to Verify Issue:
- After the unit is turned on, wait 24 hours for ice production. It may take this long to see ice cubes in the ice bin.
- Verify the ice maker is turned on. If the ice level arm is in the up position, the ice maker is turned off.
- To resume ice production, turn the unit off and push the arm down gently. The ice maker arm only moves an inch. See also, Ice Maker Control Arm Will Not Lower.
- Note: When the ice maker is turned on, water may not flow into it immediately.
- Make sure the ice bin is properly installed and is level and seated in place.
- Make sure the ice maker is free of obstructions or jammed ice cubes.
- It may be necessary to defrost the freezer to clear the ice maker. Refer to Manually Defrost a Sub-Zero for instructions.
- Make sure the water supply to the unit is turned on. Refer to Water Line Shut-Off Valve Location for details.
- Warm temperatures impact ice maker performance. Confirm the freezer temperature is at or below 5°F. Sub-Zero recommends 0°F freezer temperature.
- If the freezer temperature is higher than 5°F, see Warm Freezer Troubleshooting.
- Make sure the condenser is clean. See Undercounter Models Condenser Cleaning for instructions.
- If installed, verify the home inline water filter is not expired. See Inline Water Filters. See also, Sub-Zero Does Not Have a Water Filtration System.
- Confirm good water pressure to the unit. See How to Confirm Water Pressure.
- Make sure the ice maker water fill tube is not blocked. See Ice Maker Fill Tube Frozen.
- After freeing blockage, turn the unit off, then on again to reset.
- If ice production stops often with the use of a reverse osmosis system or well water, a pressure booster or regulator may improve performance. Contact the reverse osmosis provider or speak with a plumber for suggestions. See also, Sub-Zero with Reverse Osmosis Water System.
- After doing these steps, wait 24 hours for ice production to resume.
- If ice production does not resume after following these troubleshooting steps, service is needed to expertly diagnose and repair the unit. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820