- Can the icemaker water valve be cleaned?
- How to clean the water valve with vinegar
- Ice maker water valve is clogged
Steps to Verify Issue:
To clean mineral buildup on the inbound side of the valve:
- Turn the water supply off.
- Remove the valve.
- Use distilled white vinegar with a toothbrush on the valve and rinse well.
- Re-install the valve.
- Turn the water back on.
See also, Water Line Shut Off Valve Location.
The ice maker water valve can be cleaned if needed.
- If leaking or breakage occurs, the part will need to be replaced.
See also, Sub-Zero Ice Maker and Water Valve Noise.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820