Cove Dishwasher Detergent Not Dispensed
- Detergent not dispensed from Cove Dishwasher
- Dispenser compartment not releasing dish soap
- Streaking down the door
- Remnants left in the dispenser
- Moist detergent
- Blocked dispenser door
- Only put detergent in the dispenser when the dishwasher is ready to run.
- Otherwise, it may become moist and clumpy.
- For a delay program, make sure the dispenser is dry before the detergent is put in.
- Verify the filter is clean and seated properly. Refer to Cove Dishwasher Filter Removal and Cleaning for more information.
- Make sure detergent is not used for a Rinse or Rinse/Hold program. The dispenser only opens during wash cycles, not rinse programs.
- All-in-one pods can be used in Cove Dishwashers. However, for lighter cycles, like the Light, Quick, and China/Crystal cycles, they may provide too much detergent. Refer to Cove Dishwasher Detergent Suggestions for more information.
- Refer to Cove Dishwasher Wash Cycles for detergent measurements for each cycle.
- Confirm that the dispenser door is not blocked.
- Make sure that pot handles etc. are not extended outside the lower rack edge.
- Verify the middle rack is not up against the dispenser door.
- Verify the unit is level.
- Do not use the china guard (the small tine running along the bottom of the rack from left to right) to pull the rack out.
- Check the frame of the middle rack to make sure it is not bent. This may cause the rack to keep the detergent drawer from opening all the way. Remove and install the middle rack to verify proper positioning.
- Verify the middle spray arm is not blocked by oversized dishes in the lower rack or items sticking through the middle rack from above.
- Verify large utensils in the cutlery basket do not lean in toward the center of the unit, causing interference with the middle spray arm.
- The height of the middle rack can be adjusted to accommodate oversized items. Refer to Cove Dishwasher Middle Rack Height Adjustment for more information.
- Verify the middle rack is installed. If the middle rack is not installed, water flow may be insufficient for dissolving the detergent.
- Verify the dish check bar at the front of the middle rack is not bent inward. This can prevent the middle spray arm from rotating properly.
- If the check bar is bent, replace the middle rack.
- Confirm the inside of the dispenser and hands are dry when inserting a detergent pod. Moisture can cause the pod to stick to the dispenser.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further customer troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Genuine Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove parts are available by calling the Factory Certified Parts Distributor in your area. Only filters and cleaners are available for online purchase in the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Store. Other parts are not available for purchase online. Use Locator to find the Parts Distributor for your area.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820