- Improper gas supply type or pressure
- Low fuel tank (LP tank)
- Improper gas/air mixture; gas orifice adjustment needed
- Improper primary or secondary air
- Burner head not positioned properly
- Burner assembly dirty or damaged
- Too many CFMs on DD blower
- What color should the flames of a gas surface burner be?
- What are the characteristics of a properly lighted gas burner?
- Should flame appearance or size change from high to medium to low to simmer?
- Medium and low flame look the same
- Flame is too large, too high, too low, too small, pulsates, pulsating, bounces, or dances
- What would cause the flame to be very high on low to high but normal on simmer?
- Downdraft is sucking out flames
With the proper gas and air mixture, a flame of natural gas should be blue with a deep blue inner cone and have no trace of yellow flame.
- With liquid propane gas, some orange tipping is normal.
- There may not be a discernible visual difference between medium and low flame setting.
- In both cases, the flame should be essentially odorless.
- Depending on fuel source, burner size, and temperature (simmer, low, medium high) some vibration or rumbling noise may be heard; this is normal.
- Make sure the burner is clean, see Wolf Cleaning Reference Guide for more information.
- If gas burner is not operating correctly, or flame is not normal, refer to Gas Surface Burner Troubleshooting.
Flame Quality Affected by Downdraft
- If the blower CFMs are too high, it is possible that the power of the blower will suck out the flames on a surface burner.
- Try a lower speed setting on the blower.
- Refer to the Wolf Ventilation Guide.
- See also, Gas Burner Ignition Operation.
- Gas Surface Burner Operation
- Gas Surface Burner Flame Location
- Gas Surface Burner Knob Does Not Stay in Position
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820