- Best way to load a dishwasher
- Do you wash/scrape dishes before loading the washer?
- Where to put plates, bowls, glasses when loading a dishwasher
- How to put dishes in dishwasher for best clean
Loading and rack configuration instructions start at the 0:50 timestamp.
Before loading dishes, it is good to know:
- Do not prerinse dishes.
- Soap is attracted to food residue, so it is not necessary to rinse dirty dishes.
- Scrape off large debris before loading the dishwasher.
To load the dishwasher:
- Load dirtiest dishes toward the center of the rack.
- Do not place cutlery inside each other (for example, spoons should not be stuck together).
- Place the handle side down on all cutlery except knives, which should be placed blade down.
- Plates are more vertical, allowing for storage of more plates.
- Bowls are best placed in bottom rear.
- The stemware rack is in upper compartment.
- Place mugs under wine glasses that are angled onto the stemware rack when the rack is down.
- Load cutlery.
- Load wine glasses, cups, bowls, and larger cooking utensils.
- Load plates, saucers, mixing bowls, pots, and pans.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for tips and dishwasher loading illustrations specific to each model.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820