Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Connected Appliance Connectivity Troubleshooting
If an error code is present, first search for the error code shown to check for more specific troubleshooting information. Common errors include:
- E-100 or E-101, E-102, E-103, E-104, E-200, E-201, or E-202; E300 or E301; E-400, E401, E402, or E601; E700, E900 or E901, E1003
- WLAN1, WLAN2 or WLAN3
- BTLE1, BTLE2 or BTLE3; BTLE4
- Appliance Not Connected
If the Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App is experiencing connectivity issues, use the following steps to reconnect appliances:
Appliance and Software Updates:
- Verify the app is updated to the latest version. To check app version:
- iOS: Go to Settings > Sub-Zero Group Owner's App. Version information is under the About heading. Refer to Sub-Zero Group Owner's App Updates for iOS for more information.
- Android: Go to Settings > Apps > Sub-Zero Group Owner's App. Version information is at the bottom of the App Info page. Refer to Sub-Zero Group Owner's App Updates for Android for more information.
- Verify the Firmware is updated to the latest version:
- If a message appears during the pairing process that says the appliance firmware needs to be updated, select Update.
- The firmware update process can take a few minutes. After the process is complete, the setup process will automatically resume.
- If the firmware update does not load, it may be due to a network error. Try again after waiting a day to allow for nightly system update resolution.
- See Connected Module Firmware Updates for further information.
- Verify Bluetooth is enabled on the mobile device. See Turn on Phone Bluetooth.
- Verify you are standing within range of the Bluetooth connection (approximately 20 feet from the appliance).
- Verify the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App has permission to use Bluetooth. To grant permission:
- For iOS: Go to Settings > tap Privacy > tap Bluetooth > set the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App slider to allow Bluetooth access.
- For Android: Go to Settings > tap Apps > locate and tap Sub-Zero Group Owner's App > tap Permissions > set to Allow.
- Verify the appliance is not attempting to pair with Bluetooth Only Mode.
- Bluetooth Only Mode is available only for Legacy Designer Series (IT, IC, ID) units starting with serial number 5959000. All other connected capable appliances use Wi-Fi Connected Mode only.
- See Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App Bluetooth Only Mode.
- If the previous Bluetooth troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue, forget the appliance from the mobile device's Bluetooth settings:
- Close the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App > open the mobile device's Settings and tap Bluetooth > locate the appliance that will not connect and tap the Information Button > tap Forget this Device > open the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App and attempt pairing again.
- For further Bluetooth troubleshooting information, see Bluetooth Not Working on Connected Module.
- Verify the time on the mobile device is correct. If time is incorrect:
- On the app’s home page, select the appliance showing the incorrect time > Tap Settings under the product image > Tap Set Time Zone > Confirm Appliance Location and the Current Time are correct > Tap Set Time.
- If the Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App stalled during the Time Zone setup in the pairing process, attempt the following troubleshooting steps:
- For iOS:
- After selecting the appliance time zone, exit out of the Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App.
- Restart the Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App.
- For Android:
- Verify that the app is updated to the latest version. For update instructions, refer to Sub-Zero Group Owner's App Updates for Android.
- Close out the Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App and reopen.
- For further information, see Sub-Zero Group Owner's App Time Zone Stuck in Setup.
- For iOS:
- For further time zone instructions, refer to:
- Exit out of the Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App.
- Power down the device the Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App is on and try the app again.
- Verify other devices in the home have internet access (laptop, tablet, TV, etc.).
- Verify the device the Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App is on, uses the same secure Wi-Fi network used for the appliance setup. See Check the SSID and Wireless Network Name.
- Verify the Connected Appliance Wi-Fi Signal Strength is strong.
- Check the Wireless Security to ensure it is set properly.
- Check the Router Network Settings to ensure they are not preventing connection.
- Restart Wi-Fi and Router.
- If the internet provider, wireless password, or router has changed, see Connected Appliance Change Internet Provider or Wi-Fi Network Name.
- If you are connecting the appliance to a Wi-Fi 6 network, first disable the AX feature. After the appliance has been connected to a Wi-Fi 6 network with AX mode disabled, you can re-enable the AX feature and the appliance should stay connected. See Provisioning an Appliance to Wi-Fi 6.
- If the app is connecting to the internet, but having trouble pairing with the appliance, refer to:
- Check the user manual for the router to verify the instructions on configuring firewalls or privacy controls.
- Confirm Connected Appliance Wireless Interference is not the cause of the problem.
- Contact the wireless provider company or the router manufacturer for further troubleshooting assistance.
- If you are able to access the connected module, unplug it for 30 seconds, then reconnect the module and try the app again.
- Note: It may take a few minutes for the appliance to become visible after disconnecting and reconnecting the connected module.
- If unplugging the connected module does not work or it is inaccessible, turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 30 seconds and back on again. Retest the unit operation.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact the Sub-Zero Customer Care Team at [email protected] or call (800) 222-7820, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CST.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820