- How to remove lid that has vacuumed onto larger pan
- Tips for removing lid that has become stuck in larger pan
- Lid placed in larger skillet has sealed to pan
Steps to Verify Issue:
If a smaller-sized lid is placed in a larger pan, it may create a vacuum seal, making it extremely difficult to remove. To unseal the lid:
- Place pan in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes and try to remove lid by lifting away.
- If the lid still won't come off, tap firmly around the rim of the pan and then the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon and try lifting the lid.
- Repeat the previous steps until the lid comes off if needed.
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, heat the pan and use an oven mitt or dry cloth to grab the lid.
- The heat should expand the bottom of the pan, allowing the lid to be removed.
- Do not leave the pan while it is heating.
- Do not wait for the lid to get hot, or the vacuum will remain in place.
- Try to lift the lid as soon as the pan starts to heat, and keep trying until the lid is removed.
Contact the Wolf Customer Care Team for further assistance at CustomerService@Subzero.com, or call (800) 222-7820, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820