Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Display Contrast Adjustment
- Control panel is hard to read in the Classic (BI) unit
- Is the display contrast adjustable?
- How to adjust the level of brightness on BI
- Reduce how bright the display is
The contrast level of the LCD on a Classic series product can be manually adjusted to one of five levels through Contrast Adjust Mode. Depending on the line of sight of the user, the level of contrast will appear differently for people of different heights.
- Do not press and hold the POWER key first, that will simply switch the unit OFF.
- Contrast Adjust Mode will end ten seconds after the last key stroke, or press ALARM key to exit.
Follow these steps to adjust the contrast level:
- Power the unit off and back ON. Contrast Adjust Mode can be initiated after the first (1) minute of switching unit back on.
- Press and hold either set of COLDER and WARMER keys and the POWER key simultaneously for five (5) seconds.
- Release the keys.
- The letter "C" will appear at the small digit location on the LCD, indicating the control is now in Contrast Adjust Mode.
- A number 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 will appear at the right side of the LCD, indicating the last contrast level setting.
- Press either COLDER key to decrease the number or WARMER key to increase the number.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820