Replace Sub-Zero Model 542 with Model BI-42UFD
- Are the panels, opening size, electrical requirements, and water location the same for Sub-Zero model 542 and Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) model BI-42UFD?
- Will panels transfer from an old unit to a new unit?
- 542 compatibility
- Can panels be reused on a new unit?
Verify door clearance for units installed near an island. Refer to the Sub-Zero Design Guide for design specifications.
- The panels from model 542 will not fit model BI-42UFD.
- The BI-42UFD is a French door model, so two door panels are needed for the refrigerator.
- New custom panels would be needed.
- A new reduced height or extended grille will be needed, if used. See Classic Series (BI) Grille Height Options.
BI-42UFD Sales Accessories
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820