Legacy Dual Fuel Range and R Series Gas Range Comparison
- What are the differences between the Legacy Dual Fuel (DF) Range and R Series Gas Range?
- What are the similarities between the DF range and R range?
- Why would someone select a DF range over an R Series Gas Range or vice versa?
- Legacy Dual Fuel Ranges and R Series Gas Ranges are available in 30", 36", 48", and 60" widths.
- Depending on the size selected, Legacy Dual Fuel Ranges and R Series Gas Ranges can be ordered with charbroiler, griddle, double griddle, or French top (30” ranges always have four burners).
Features (Common to Both):
- Wolf exclusive spring and damper door hinge system.
- Legacy Dual Fuel Ranges and R Series Gas Ranges have a spring and damper system, which allows the door to open smoothly with ease. (If the door is opened and you let go, it will continue to full open position smoothly.)
- The hinge has changed over time on R Series Gas Ranges.
- Starting with serial number 17000000, products use a damper door hinge to provide a slower and gentler door opening.
- Prior to serial number 17000000, the door dropped open more quickly. This is normal.
- The damper door hinge system is not retrofitable on units prior to serial number 17000000.
- All burners have automatic reignition at all settings on both Legacy Dual Fuel Ranges and R Series Gas Ranges.
- Legacy Dual Fuel Range pressed steel top is sealed into position.
- R Series Gas Range pressed steel tops are removable.
- Legacy Dual Fuel Range grates are porcelain-coated cast iron continuous grates cover two burners.
- R Series Gas Range grates are porcelain-coated cast iron spider grates for each individual burner.
- Legacy Dual Fuel Ranges have an electric oven with 10 cooking modes.
- R Series Gas Ranges have Bake and Broil Modes.
- Legacy Dual Fuel Ranges include 3 racks: one full extension oven rack, on full extension door rack, and one standard rack. There are six different rack positions.
- R Series Gas Ranges include 3 standard oven racks. There are five different rack positions.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820