R Series Gas Range and RT Gas Rangetop S-Grates
- Are S-grates available for the R Series Gas Ranges or RT Series Gas Rangetops?
- How many holes are on the pressed steel top, burner pan?
- How does the S-grate fit, how to place on the rangetop?
- S-grates, pressed steel top alignment on R Series Gas Range
R Series Gas Range and RT Series Gas Rangetop S-grates were implemented in October of 2008.
- S-grates have two feet and the rubber plug style.
- S-grates only need two feet since the front and rear grates overlap with metal pads fashioned into the grate itself.
- The S-grate part numbers are 816425 and 816361.
- These S-grates will fit an R Series Gas Range or RT Series Rangetop starting with serial # 11065463.
- They may be used prior to serial # 11065463 if the pressed steel top is replaced.
- The pressed steel top part # 815578 has three holes in it.
- The pads from the grates rest over the hole openings.
- The 30" R Series Range requires a spacer or spacer and grate.
- Since S-grates have more surface area, the burner efficiency decreases, so it may take longer to cook or boil water.
|Serial Number Range||Part(s) Needed|
|Starting with Serial Number 11173500||816492 Spacer & 816425 Grate Assembly|
|Prior to Serial Number 11173500||816818 Spacer|
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820