Wolf Convection Steam Oven Cooking Sous Vide
- What setting is needed for sous vide cooking?
- How to cook sous vide with the Convection Steam Oven (CSO)
- Can you cook sous vide in the Convection Steam Oven?
- Convection Steam Oven Sous Vide Mode
Cooking sous vide in the Convection Steam Oven is possible.
- Sous vide is cooking with food in a vacuum sealed bag.
- The CSO with knob control is only capable of 5-degree increments. Sous vide requires more precision.
- The touch control CSO has 1-degree temperature control, which is better for sous vide.
- See also, Convection Steam Oven Cooking Suggestions.
Sous Vide Mode appears in units starting in June 2019.
- If a control board is replaced in touch control Convection Steam Ovens after June 2019, the Sous Vide Mode will be added to the menu choices.
- Temperature range is 90° - 195°F (30° - 90°C).
- Intended for foods in a vacuum sealed bag.
- Steam, along with the convection fan, slowly and gently cooks food to the ideal temperature.
- Keeps maximum flavor and nutrients and reduces the risk of under/over cooking.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820