Outdoor Grill Wire Lanyard
- What is the wire attached to the side of the OG?
- What is the steel wire that is 4 ft long with an alligator clip at the end on an OG?
- How to manually light an OG
- Wire in the drip tray of an Outdoor Grill
- Wire coil in the drip tray of an OG
The 4 foot long steel wire installed to the side of an OG grill is the lanyard is used for manually igniting the grill.
- Insert a lit match held by the lanyard (found in the drip tray) or BBQ lighter through the burner grates and near the top of the flash tube.
- The lanyard may be removed from the drip tray to be stored elsewhere, if desired.
- A flame will be visible under the briquettes.
- Once the flame is visible, release the knob.
- If the burner fails to light within five seconds, turn knob to the OFF position.
- Wait five minutes.
- Repeat the lighting procedure as needed.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820