Sealed Burner Rangetop Safety Precautions
- SRT Rangetop safety
- Sealed Burner Rangetop safety
Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any other appliance.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS:
- Do not try to light any appliance.
- Do not touch any electrical switch.
- Do not use any phone in your building.
- Immediately call you gas supplier from a neighbor's phone. Follow the gas supplier's instructions.
- If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the fire department.
This appliance must be properly installed and serviced by a qualified installer, service agency, or gas supplier and grounded by a qualified technician.
GENERAL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Read use and care guide carefully before using this appliance to reduce risk of fire, electric shock, or injury.
- Before performing service, shut off gas supply by closing the gas shut-off valve and shut off electricity to this appliance.
- Keep appliance area clear and free from combustible material.
- For safety when cooking, set burner controls so flame does not extend beyond the bottom of pan.
- Wear proper apparel. Loose-fitting or hanging garments should never be worn while using this appliance.
- Use extreme caution when moving a grease kettle or disposing of hot grease.
- Always use dry pot holders when removing pans from this appliance. Wet or damp pot holders can cause steam burns. Do not use a towel or bulky cloth in place of pot holders.
- Clean only those parts listed in the use and care guide.
- Do not repair or replace any part of this appliance unless specifically recommended in literature accompanying this appliance.
- Do not obstruct the flow of air to ensure proper combustion and ventilation.
- IMPORTANT: Do not install a ventilation system that blows air downward toward this gas cooking appliance. This type of ventilation system may cause ignition and combustion problems with this gas cooking appliance resulting in personal injury or unintended operation.
- Do not use aluminum foil to line any part of this appliance.
- Never use this appliance to warm or heat the room. Doing so may result in carbon monoxide poisoning.
- When using this appliance, do not touch grates, burner caps, burner bases, or any other parts in proximity to the flame. These components may be hot enough to cause burns.
- Do not leave children alone or unattended in the area where this appliance is in use. Never allow children to sit or stand on the appliance.
- Do not store items of interest to children above or at the back of this appliance, as they could climb on the appliance to reach items and be injured.
- Do not use water on grease fires. Smother the flame or use a dry chemical or foam-type extinguisher.
- Never leave this appliance unattended when in use. Boilovers and greasy spills may smoke or ignite.
- Do not heat unopened food containers, such as baby food jars and cans. Pressure build-up may cause the container to burst and cause injury.
- Do not store flammable materials near burners or let grease or other flammable substances accumulate on this appliance.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820