Sub-Zero and Wolf Announce the 2013-2014 Kitchen Design Contest
Madison, WI (2/13/2014)
Biennial Contest Awards More Than $137,000 in Cash Prizes For Excellence and Innovation in Kitchen Design
Sub-Zero and Wolf, the industry leaders in premium refrigeration, wine storage and cooking equipment, today announced the return of the Kitchen Design Contest. The competition honors design professionals globally who incorporate Sub-Zero and Wolf products into innovative, beautiful kitchen design.
"Through 10 contests and for over 20 years, Sub-Zero and Wolf have recognized the industry's best in kitchen design," said Jim Bakke, president and CEO of Sub-Zero and Wolf. "This year we introduce a new category for first-time entrants, and we look forward to welcoming new designers into the Sub-Zero and Wolf family."
To celebrate the contest's eleventh running, Sub-Zero and Wolf are giving away more than $137,000 in cash prizes and over $270,000 in publicity and promotional value.
- Awards categories include contemporary, transitional, traditional, designers' choice, student, and new this year, first-time entry
- Three first-place winners (one per contemporary, transitional and traditional design category) will be awarded $20,000 each
- Three second-place winners (one per contemporary, transitional and traditional design category) will receive $10,000 each
- Designers' choice and first-time entry winners will each receive $8,000
- The student winner will be awarded $5,000
- 53 regional winners from around the world will each receive $500
- All winners will receive a trip for two to Best of the Best Winners' Summit & Gala
- All winners will receive recognition and promotion in a post-contest marketing campaign and be featured on the Sub-Zero and Wolf website.
Entering is free and easy online at www.subzero-wolf.com/contest.
"The goal of my kitchen design was to combine many different materials and appliances in such a way that they form a unity," said 2010-2012 first place contemporary winner Davy Swanenberg of Culimaat Kitchens, Berlicum, Netherlands. "Both the Wolf dual fuel range and Sub-Zero built-in refrigerators are highlights of my kitchen, because it was the desire of the owner and my starting point for the entire project."
Eligibility for the contest requires that all design and construction be fully completed within the contest period of January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2014. Qualifying kitchen designs must include at least one full-size Sub-Zero built-in or integrated refrigeration unit and at least one Wolf cooking appliance, including ranges, rangetops, ovens and cooktops. Entries must also include a floor plan and elevations or perspective drawings, a minimum of two color photographs of the completed design, and details describing the kitchen design.
Contest entries will be evaluated by a panel of seven esteemed judges from various disciplines within the design community. Designs will be critiqued on the innovative use of space and application of Sub-Zero and Wolf appliances.
Since its inception in 1993, the Sub-Zero and Wolf Kitchen Design Contest has become a coveted win in the professional home design category. The Kitchen Design Contest recognizes kitchen designers, architects, interior designers, builders and remodelers for advancing outstanding kitchen design.
For additional information or to enter the Sub-Zero and Wolf Kitchen Design, please visit www.subzero.com/contest.