BEFORE YOU START: Silicone baking sheets are a must to make this recipe easy and fun! They can be found at most local baking supply stores or online.
KEEP SCREEN ON
- Set oven to 170°F Dehydrate Mode.
- Cook fruit in water for about 10–15 min at a simmer until soft.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree the fruit with the remaining liquid until very smooth.
- Add a little more water if needed to get a consistency thin enough to slowly pour out of the blender.
- Pour out onto a silicone baking mat on a cookie sheet and spread it evenly across pan. It will be very thin.
- Dehydrate at 170°F on Dehydrate Mode for 2½-3 hours, until the edges of the fruit leather can be pulled off the mat.
- Cool completely before trying to peel off mat.
- Make sure the entire surface of the fruit is set, a slight tacky feeling but not wet.
- Remove it from the pan and allow to cool to room temperature, then cut into strips.
- Store rolled in parchment and then plastic wrap in the refrigerator
Use 1 cup dried apricots, chopped into small pieces and increase the water to 2 cups.