Before You Start
The flavor of the maple syrup really shines through in the finished product, so it is important to use a pure, quality maple syrup. The use of rolled oats is critical, as using quick oats in this recipe will not turn out.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats and nuts.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, brown sugar, oil, and salt.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the oats and nuts.
4. Stir well to evenly coat. Pour onto a solid convection steam oven pan lined with parchment paper or a Silpat®. Place in oven on rack position 2.
5. Select the Convection Mode set to 250°F. Set the timer for 40 minutes.6. After 40 minutes, pull the pan out and turn the granola over with a spatula.
7. Slide the granola off the parchment or Silpat and back onto the pan. You can discard the parchment at this point. Put the pan back into the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the pan and turn again. Place the pan back in the oven and set the timer for another 30 minutes.
9. Remove the pan from oven, cool completely. Store in a rigid sealed container.