BEFORE YOU START: You can use pre-chopped, bagged kale. Be sure to remove the stems, and if the pieces are smaller than those in the recipe, the cooking time will be slightly shorter.
KEEP SCREEN ON
- Preheat the oven to 200°F Roast Mode with a rack set at position “3.”
- Remove the stems from the kale and cut the leaves into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale with oil, red pepper flakes, and salt until well combined.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Place into the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, turn the oven to Convection Roast Mode and set the temperature to 200°F. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the pieces are nicely crisped.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a fresh sheet of parchment paper and allow to cool before serving.