Potatoes? Sure, but other things can be chips too. These kale chips are a fun snack that is easy to make and can be customized by adding or substituting different seasonings.
BEFORE YOU START: You can use pre-chopped bagged kale. Be sure to remove the stems and if the pieces are smaller than those in the recipe, the cooking time will be slightly less.
KEEP SCREEN ON
- Preheat the oven to 200°F on Roast Mode with a rack set on position 3.
- Remove the stems from the kale and cut the leaves into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale with oil, salt and red pepper flakes until well combined.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Place into the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, turn the oven to the Convection Roast mode and set the temperature to 200 degrees.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until the pieces are nicely crisped.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a fresh sheet of parchment paper and allow to cool on the counter before serving.