Before You Start
If desired, the noodles can be parboiled in a stockpot. Boil until cooked halfway, then rinse under cool water to stop the cooking process. Lay them in a 9x13 inch pan and cover them with water until needed in the recipe.
1. In a large pan or pot on the stove, brown the ground meats and drain off the fat.
2. Return the browned meats to the pan and add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley flakes, garlic powder, and sugar to taste. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. While sauce is simmering, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, parsley flakes, Parmesan cheese, and half the mozzarella cheese in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
4. Grease a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
5. Spread a small amount of sauce onto the bottom of the pan, about ½ cup.
6. Layer the noodles in a double layer on the bottom of the pan.
7. Spread 1⁄3 of the cottage cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
8. Spread evenly to cover the noodles as much as possible.
9. Top with 1⁄3 of the meat sauce.
10. Add a single layer of noodles and repeat.
11. Repeat the process a third time, ending with the meat sauce as the last layer.
12. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
13. Place the lasagna in the oven on rack position 2. Turn the oven on by selecting the Convection Humid Mode set to 355°F.
14. Place the tip of the probe in the center of the lasagna, taking care to fully cover the metal shaft of the probe. Plug the probe into the oven and set the alert temperature to 170°F. Bake until the alert temperature is reached.