KEEP SCREEN ON
Yield: Makes 1 pan
Ingredients1 pound ground Italian sausage
1 pound ground beef
2 cups crushed tomatoes (or 16 oz jar of marinara or pasta sauce)
6 ounces tomato paste
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Sugar to taste
1 box lasagna noodles (optionaly, par boiled)
3 cups small curd cottage cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 1/2 pounds mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large pan or pot, brown the ground meats and drain off the excess fat.
- Return the browned meats to the pan and add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, garlic powder, and sugar.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, parsley flakes, Parmesan cheese, and half the mozzarella cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Spray the bottom of a 9-by-13 inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Spread a small amount of the meat sauce onto the bottom of the pan, about 1/2 cup.
- Create a double layer of the noodles on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
- Spread evenly to cover the noodles as evenly as possible.
- Top with 1/3 of the meat sauce.
- Add a single layer of noodles and repeat.
- Repeat the process a third time, ending with the meat sauce as the last layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Preheat the oven on Convection Mode set to 350°F with a rack set on position "1."
- Once preheated, place the lasagna into the oven and cook for one hour or until cooked through