This garlicky, lemony shrimp dish is a classic best served with plenty of crusty bread to sop up the sauce. The cooking process moves as quickly as a stir-fry, so you’ll want to have all your ingredients prepared in advance and ready to go.
Yield: Serves 4
Ingredients2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound (21 to 25 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 large plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons vermouth or dry white wine
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat until it shimmers, 1 to 2 minutes, then add the shrimp.
- Cook, stirring often, until the shrimp start to curl and turn pink, 1 to ½ minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice and vermouth.
- Add the butter, stirring it into the sauce until it melts.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley over the top and serve.