- Should copper or aluminum wire be used for electrical connections to Wolf appliances?
- What type of electrical wire is required to install a Wolf product?
- What kind of wire comes on a Wolf appliance?
Wolf appliances are equipped with copper wire. If aluminum house supply wiring is used:
- Splice the appliance copper wire to the aluminum house wiring using special connectors designed and agency certified for joining copper and aluminum.
- These will often be indiated with a "Cu/Al" label.
- Follow the connector manufacturer's recommended procedure carefully.
- Improper connection can result in a fire hazard.
Refer to the product installation guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820