- Sub-Zero water filter requires frequent replacement.
- When to use a color, taste and odor filter instead of microbiological.
- Water filter does not last very long, needs replacement prior to one year.
- Water filter needs to be replaced quickly.
- How long should a water filter last?
- What factors affect a water filter's lifespan?
Sub-Zero water filter lifespan is an approximation. On average, a water filter lasts 1 year.
- Sub-Zero water filters do not have a shelf-life and should be stored in a cool dry environment.
- Storing filters in a damp cold environment could compromise the integrity of the water filter.
- Refer to Sub-Zero Does Not Have a Water Filtration System for a list of units that have a water filter, and those that do not.
- Several factors affect a water filter's lifespan including:
- The control board measures water flow by how long the water valve is energized.
- The water filter replacement icon or message illuminates when it reaches the water flow rating.
- The control board measures the time elapsed from the previous filter replacement or the time elapsed since the filter reset button was last pressed.
- The unit monitors both water usage and time.
- The control measures the gallons of water passed through the filter until the filter life is reached, or if 8760 hours (one year) has passed since the filter reset button was pressed.
Water Pressure and Quality
- The water supply source must provide constant water pressure of 20 psi (1.4 bar) to 100 psi (6.9 bar) to the Sub-Zero at all times.
- Refer to the product installation guide for further installation information.
- If the water source is supplied from a Reverse Osmosis (RO) system or from a well water system water pressure could be adversely affected as the water filter becomes contaminated during the filtration process. This is normal operation.
- If water pressure is a concern, bypassing the unit's water filtration system should be considered.
- Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
- Water filters are designed to remove contaminants from the water supply source. As the filter accumulates these contaminants the water pressure flowing through the water filter is decreased.
- For poor water quality situations, use a color, taste and odor filter, part # 7023812, to reduce frequency of filter replacement of push-in style filters.
- Consult with a local plumber or water quality specialist to have the water supply source pressure or quality tested.
If the water filter, filter manifold, or filter life monitor is believed defective, contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820