- Air leak
- Cooling issue
- Sub-Zero unit has lost some of its door suction, opens too easily.
- Sub-Zero door has no vacuum seal.
- Why did the door loose the vacuum seal?
- Door no longer makes a vacuum or tight seal when closed.
- Door opens on its own.
- Door opens too easily.
Steps to Verify Issue:
The loss of suction should not present an issue with the Sub-Zero as long as there are no visible differences in the unit's performance; such as temperature change, condensation build-up, frost or ice build-up, service messages, or error codes.
- Verify power is turned on; the unit should be on 24 hours before product is stored in it.
- Verify Condenser is Clean.
- Inspect door gasket for tears, ripples and replace if needed. See Sub-Zero Door Gasket Replacement.
- Ensure there is no interference with product holding the door open.
- Check the control setting for proper set points, see Temperature Settings for details.
- If a product is not installed properly the door may not seal; level the unit per installation instructions.
- If the unit shows no sign of Excessive Moisture or Warm Temperature Issues, the door gasket is working as expected and no repairs are available.
- Undercounter icemakers do not create the same vacuum suction as refrigeration units as the ice bin is not refrigerated.
- Some door gaskets have stronger pull than others, this is a normal result of many variables including:
- Food load inside the unit
- Ambient temperature
- Drain pan water content
- If the door opens easily after gasket replacement, verify gasket was installed properly.
- A new gasket needs time to form to the door.
- As long as there are no temperature or moisture issues, the gasket is working as it should.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820