- UC-15I or 315I ice maker not making ice or produces hollow or small ice cubes
- Single, couple, or few cubes of ice made during each ice production cycle
- Ice maker not harvesting or dropping eight ice cubes at a time, not producing full batch of ice
- Ice quickly melting in 315I or UC-15I
- Water pouring into ice bin of Undercounter Ice Maker
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Verify the ice maker is turned on.
- Verify no indicator lights are lit on the control panel (model UC-15I).
- Verify the ice ramp support (white perforated plate) is in place and has not fallen into the ice bin (model UC-15I).
- The ramp is too far forward if there is no gap between the ramp and the ice maker arms.
- If the ramp is too far forward, push the ramp back into the unit.
- Replace the water filter if the Replace Filter indicator is lit. See How to Replace or Reset UC-15I(P) Water Filter.
- Ensure the unit is powered on for at least 24 hours, as ice makers may not cycle until 24 hours pass.
- Verify the unit's condenser has been cleaned within the last 6-12 months. Clean the condenser as needed.
- Ensure the delay function has not been initiated. Refer to Undercounter Ice Maker UC-15I Delay Function for more information.
- The water must be turned on. Shutoff might be located:
- Under the kitchen sink.
- Under the refrigerator behind the kickplate.
- In an adjacent cabinet.
- In the basement near the water filter system.
- Low or no water pressure may prevent ice production. Pour a cup of water behind the ice maker curtain. If the spray changes, it is an indication the unit is not getting enough water pressure.
- High ambient room temperatures or installing the unit in an area that receives a lot of direct sunlight can cause the ice to melt quickly. The ice bin is not refrigerated.
- Reset the water filter by removing and reinstalling.
- If ice production stops often when using a reverse osmosis system or a well water system, consider adding a pressure booster or regulator. Contact the reverse osmosis provider or speak with a plumber for suggestions.
- Ensure the drain line is not kinked or looped.
- Verify unit is not on a generator. Proper voltage must be supplied for unit to function properly.
- Ensure the unit is properly cleaned and sanitized regularly. See UC-15I and 315I Cleaning.
- Let 24 hours pass after steps are complete and check for ice production.
- See also:
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information on condenser cleaning, bin thermostat operation, and cleaning and sanitizing instructions.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820