Solve clogged drains caused by:
- Frozen drain tube
- Food particles in drain tube causing clog
For clogged drains accompanied by the following, contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair:
- Poor temperatures
- Door seal issues
- Service light indicators
- Any other problems
- Freezer drain tube is frozen, clogged or dirty
- Ice build up on the right side of the freezer section of an over/under model
Steps to Verify Issue:
Since the freezer drain tube is difficult to access, it can not be cleaned but can be defrosted to clear any ice build up. To defrost the drain tube:
- Manually disable the freezer compartment by first turning the unit OFF with the unit On/Off key
- Press and hold the freezer Warmer key then press the Unit ON/OFF key, then release both keys
The LCD will display “- - “ (double dashes) in place of temperature readings for the freezer compartment
NOTE: To return the unit to normal operating condition, repeat steps 1 - 3 above
- Allow the unit to defrost until it is at room temperature and dry
- Watch for dripping water and clean up as needed
- Remove the drain pan and empty as needed
- Do not disconnect the drain tube
- Do not to put anything down the tube such as a brush, it can pierce the tube and lead to a larger problem
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820