- Manually light surface burners on Gas Range, Dual Fuel (DF), Sealed Burner Rangetop (SRT), or Cooktop (CT) during power outage
- Can a charbroiler or griddle be ignited or lit when the power is out?
- Light burner without electricity
- Can a gas oven be lit manually?
- Manually light surface burners for unit on natural gas (NG) or propane (LP)
Steps to Verify Issue:
In case of a power outage, relight the surface burners manually on Wolf gas appliances.
- Turn the control knob to HIGH, then use a minimum 6" ignitor to manually light the burner.
- Hold the flame near the perimeter of the burner ring.
- Light each burner individually.
- For safety reasons, only manually light gas surface burners without power.
- Do not attempt to manually light ovens, griddles, French tops, and charbroilers without power as they are higher output. It is more difficult to reach their ignition areas with matches.
- The SRT Wok burner cannot be lit manually.
- Do not use surface burners to heat the kitchen.
Manual lighting instructions begin at the 1:11 timestamp.
- Surface burners can be lit manually regardless if the supply is natural gas or propane.
- The Dual Fuel Range surface burners are gas, and can be lit manually. The oven is electric and will not work during a power outage.
- Model IM15/S starting with serial number 16115412 cannot be manually lit. An electronically activated gas solenoid valve was added to the IM15 at serial number 16115412 that prevents manual ignition.
- All Wolf gas burners normally light with electronic ignitors.
- Monitor the gas burner closely. With no electricity, there is no automatic reignition.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820