Gas Oven Burner Noise during Use
- Why does a Gas Range make a whooshing or poofing sound while in use?
- Bake or broil element makes reignition noise during use
- Is it normal for R and GR Series Gas Ranges to make a whooshing sound or hear reignition while in use?
- How much time should elapse between reignition on a Gas Range?
- When a gas burner is extinguished, does it make a poof, pop, or banging noise?
It is possible to hear a whooshing or poofing sound from any type of gas burners when the burner ignites on start-up and reignites during use.
- A similar poof or popping noise is also audible when the burner flame is extinguished.
- Burners also make a constant humming sound when in use as gas flows to the burner.
- This is considered normal operation.
- There is no set time between reignition.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820