Gas Range and Gas Rangetop Charbroiler Blank Off Plate
- What does the blank off plate do on a charbroiler?
- How to lower the heat output of the charbroiler?
- What is the metal plate for that came with charbroiler?
- Part number 815824
The blank off plate on GR Series Gas Ranges, R Series Gas Ranges, and RT Series Gas Rangetops are not used to regulate temperature but to even out heat distribution across the cooking surface.
- The charbroiler blank off plate comes with the unit.
- The blank off plate is centered directly on the infrared burner.
- Wolf recommends that the blank off plate is used at all times for even heat distribution.
- Food is rotated around on the grilling surface to "cooler" spots if needed; usually to the front or rear of the grilling surface.
- Also, when char broiling food, it is recommended to cook the food on one side, turn once, then allow it to cook on the second side until it is prepared as desired.
- A new blank off plate can be ordered using part number 815824.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820