Make-Up Air Damper - 820071
- Install make-up air damper
- Instruction sheet part number 821152
- Installation instructions for part number 820071
- Accessory dampers part numbers 821147, 821148
- Using multiple dampers or fresh air vents
- Can the make-up air damper be used with an inline blower?
- Are replacement parts available?
Benefits and Operation
The Wolf automatic make-up air damper provides a known, controlled pathway for fresh air to enter a home from outdoors when a compatible exhaust device is operating.
- The damper opens when a range hood is operating.
- When in use, gravity and the exhausted air force the damper open and closed.
Dampers provide two key benefits for the home:
- Facilitates air exchange between indoors and outdoors, by drawing fresh air into the home to replace exhausted air.
- Helps avoid negative pressure conditions within the home, which may interfere with the proper operation of combustion equipment.
Make-Up Air Damper Installation Instructions detail the installation process.
- Damper kit components are listed on page 2 of the linked installation instructions.
- The damper is controlled by a pressure switch and independently powered. It is connected to a 120V supply, and the transformer installed reduces the power supplied to 24V.
- Consult with an HVAC professional for common make-up air return locations.
The factors that determine how much make-up air is needed for a certain blower and the measurements of air through ductwork will vary.
- Consult with an HVAC professional and local building codes to determine make-up air requirements or CFM factors.
The make-up air damper can be used with any Wolf Ventilation product.
- The damper is not required if using a recirculating kit.
- It can work with any blower or vent system, including in-line blowers.
A Wolf Ventilation system can be paired with another manufacturer's make-up air system as long as installation specifications are met.
- Consult with the manufacturer of the make-up air product for their specific ventilation recommendations.
- Make-up air systems are independently powered and are not connected to the hood.
If more than one damper is required to balance a system, 8" or 10" accessory dampers may be purchased.
- 8" damper, part number 821147
- 10" damper, part number 821148. Note that the 10" damper is not motorized.
In a multiple damper application, use one pressure switch and transformer.
Wolf does not recommend any type of make-up air heater. The make-up air damper will not start the furnace or air conditioner unit when it opens. Consult an HVAC contractor for more information on this type of product.
Genuine parts for Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove products are available by calling the Factory Certified Parts Distributor in your area. Only filters and cleaners are available for online purchase in the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Store. Other parts are not available for purchase online. Use locator to find the Parts Distributor for your area.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820