- How is Penny Brite used?
- Can Penny Brite be used on platinum or carbon stainless?
- Will Penny Brite remove burn marks, heat stains, or fine scratches from stainless steel surfaces, including risers and backsplashes?
Penny Brite Recommendations
Penny Brite Copper Cleaner is suggested to remove fine scratches (rub only with the grain) on stainless steel in small areas and to remove scorch marks or heat stains on stainless steel.
- Do not use Penny Brite on carbon or platinum stainless steel models, as it will remove the finish.
- Platinum models have a "P" near the end of the model number.
- Carbon models have a "B" near the end of the model number.
- Penny Brite will also remove the finish on Dual Fuel and Gas Range pan extrusions. Pan extrusions are long black strips of material that separate burner pans from side panels, charbroilers, griddles, or French tops.
- Use Penny Brite for Wolf products only, Sub-Zero and Cove do not recommend using Penny Brite.
Penny Brite can be used either as a paste or a gel.
Penny Brite Alternatives
- EZ Brite is a product made by the same company. EZ Brite does not work as well to clean scorch marks or remove fine scratches from stainless steel according to Wolf’s testing.
See also, Wolf Cleaning Guide.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820