Wolf Convection Steam Oven Corrosion
- Corrosion is developing on the floor of a Convection Steam Oven (CSO)
- Can corrosion be cleaned off in a CSO?
- Can corrosion become permanent in a CSO?
- What can happen is a large amount of salt is used in food preparation?
- What can happen if the CSO is not cleaned properly?
It is possible for corrosion to form inside of the CSO if large amounts of salt were used during food preparation process and the unit was not properly cleaned afterwards.
- After several days, the salt would begin attacking the finish of the interior.
- To avoid this, wait to season food until after cooking, or clean the oven after each use.
- Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
- Wolf recommends using the Scotch-Brite “Easy Eraser” to clean minor corrosion spots.
- If this product does not remove the corrosion, then the finish is permanently damaged.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820