CT Induction Cooktop Locked
- How to unlock a CT Induction Cooktop
- Induction Cooktop does not work when first turned on, is locked
- Why does the CT Induction Cooktop lock by itself?
- Can the auto lock on a CT Induction Cooktop be bypassed?
- CT Induction Cooktop cannot be unlocked
In lock mode, all touch pad operations on the control panel are disabled and all induction elements are turned off. A steady glowing light within the “key” symbol indicates that the cooktop is locked. If the cooktop has a Lock key instead of a key symbol, see CI Induction Cooktop Lock Mode.
On initial power-up or if a CT Induction Cooktop loses power, the unit defaults to Lock mode. The lock feature cannot be disabled.
- Be sure nothing is sitting on cooktop surface.
- If surface is wet, dry surface and retry.
- To unlock it, hold the key symbol for 5 seconds, and the unit will beep twice. The key light will disappear, unlocking the unit.
- If the unit cannot be unlocked using the steps above:
- Make sure the cooktop and finger are clean and dry.
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 10 seconds then back on again. Then retest the unit operation.
- After resetting the circuit breaker, if the unit will not unlock, no further troubleshooting is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Once unlocked, normal operation resumes. Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for operating instructions.
Refer to Induction Cooktop Burner Operation for more information.
CT Induction Cooktops after serial number 17600000 enter lock mode when not in use for 5 minutes.
- This automatic lock feature cannot be disabled.
- This feature is mainly for low standby power.
- When the unit is locked, the low standby power mode is engaged.
- This allows the product to meet European standby power directives.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820