M Series Oven Proof Mode
- Do all M Series ovens have Proof mode?
- What elements are used to heat the oven in Proof mode?
- How close can the pan be to the wall of the oven?
- Do you have to preheat the oven when using Proof?
- No need to preheat for Proof mode.
- Limit frequent door openings to prevent losing heat and lengthening proofing time.
- Proof bread until dough has doubled in bulk.
- The time it takes for the dough to double in volume will varies. Consult the recipe for guidelines.
- For best results, place a shallow pan with 1 to 3 cups (.2-.7 L) of boiling hot water on rack position 1 to keep the air moist inside the oven cavity.
- The oven does not allow the temperature to be set above 110°F (45°C) in Proof mode.
- If the oven is too hot, the oven door should be opened to allow the oven to cool down below 120°F (50°C) to prevent destroying the yeast.
- Allow at least 1" between edge of pan and walls of oven.
- Touch QUICK START, then select PROOF. For professional model, turn selector knob to MORE, then select PROOF on the control panel.
- Touch START to select preset temperature. To change temperature, touch or use slide bar to select desired temperature, then touch START. For professional model, turn selector knob to adjust temperature.
- Touch OFF to end mode. For professional model, turn selector knob to OFF.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820