OG Outdoor Gas Grill Sear Function
- What is the Btu rating of the sear zone on a Wolf Outdoor Gas Grill (OG)?
- If the sear zone is set on low (LO), what is the low end of the Btu?
- What is the sear burner temperature?
- Can the sear burner be used for regular grilling?
- How to sear foods on the OG using the sear zone
- How long will it take the sear burner to light?
How to use:
- To sear foods, preheat the infrared sear burner on HI for 10 minutes.
- The sear burner should light within 1 minute.
- Sear meat up to two minutes on each side, then move food to the grilling area, turning food halfway through cooking time.
- Cook to the desired temperature.
- Wolf does not recommend using the sear burner for normal grilling.
- The sear burner has a uniform appearance when on.
- The sear zone is on the left side of the unit and cannot be moved.
For OG Outdoor Gas Grill infrared sear zone Btu ratings, refer to the chart below:
|Outdoor Gas Grill Model||Sear Zone Btu (kW)|
|OG30||No infrared sear zone|
|OG36, OG42||25,000 (7.3)|
- The sear setting can go down to approximately 12,000 - 13,000 Btu on the LO setting.
- The burner has two marked settings, Lo and Hi, but is infinitely adjustable.
- See also, Outdoor Gas Grill (OG) Sear Zone Dimension.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820