- Remove the bulb cover to replace the light bulb on a GR Series Gas Range
- Remove a stuck bulb cover
- Bulb cover will not turn because of food or grease
- What size or wattage light bulb is used in the gas range?
- Does the oven light come on when the door is opened?
Oven Light Removal
The oven of the GR Series Gas Range uses a Halogen 40-watt, 120 Volt light bulb, replacement part number 823915. To remove the bulb:
- Allow the oven to cool sufficiently.
- Remove the light lens by turning the lens counterclockwise.
- Remove the bulb by pulling it out from the socket.
If the cover sticks due to food material or grease:
- Spray the cover with a degreaser such as Formula 409 or Fantastic Orange.
- Carefully use a razor blade to work out any food material.
- Wearing a glove with rubber grippers or using a jam jar opener can help get a grip on the lens.
Note: The light does not turn on automatically when the oven door is open.
- The oven light switch must be on for the light to illuminate.
- If the bulb does not stay on after pressing the light button, the issue may be with the switch.
- See GR Series Gas Range Fan and Light Operation for more information.
Oven Light Location:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820