- Can the water supply for a Sub-Zero come from a Reverse Osmosis (RO) system?
- Can Sub-Zero with an internal water filter be connected to an RO system?
- Are there any concerns when using a Reverse Osmosis system?
A reverse osmosis (RO) system may be used with Sub-Zero products.
- It is acceptable to connect a non-water filter model to an RO system as long as the water pressure remains steady and is adequate between 35 - 120 psi.
- This ensures the icemaker will operate properly.
- Consider adding a pressure booster or regulator if water pressure is inconsistent or too low.
- Contact the reverse osmosis provider or speak with a plumber for suggestions on boosters.
- Copper should not be used after the RO system, as this can cause leaching. Check with your RO provider.
- For models with an internal water filter already installed, it is advised to bypass the Sub-Zero water filtration system when connecting the product to an RO system.
- See also, Bypassing Water Filter on a Built In Model.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820