Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Overlay to Framed Conversion
- How to change a Classic (BI) overlay unit to a framed unit
- Can framed panels and a louvered grille be used on a BI model?
- Stainless Steel framed panels
To convert a Classic Series (BI) unit from overlay to framed, the following are required:
- A framed handle for each door.
- A framed louvered grille insert to change the flip-up grille from overlay to framed.
The chart below provides parts needed by model.
- The louvered grille insert is for 84" finished product heights only.
- Number in parentheses (x) indicates number of handles included with the part.
- The screw covers from the overlay door/drawer trim can be reused on the framed handles.
- To reuse framed panels from an older model on a Classic series product, see Classic Framed Retrofit Kits.
|Model||Louvered Grille Insert||Framed Handles||Extended Framed Handles|
|7014850||7014887 (1)||7003462 (1)|
|7014849||7014888 (2)||7003463 (2)|
|7014850||7014889 (2)||7003464 (2)|
|BI-36UFD||7014850||7023375 (3)||7023376 (3)|
|BI-36S||7014850||7014890 (2)||7003465 (2)|
|7014851||7014890 (2)||7003465 (2)|
|BI-42UFD||7014851||7027154 (3)||7027155 (3)|
|7014852||7014890 (2)||7003465 (2)|
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820