Sub-Zero Framed to Overlay Conversion
- Can a framed unit convert to an overlay unit?
- Can a 600 or Classic series (BI) unit change from framed to overlay?
- Can a 200/300 or 500 Series unit convert to overlay?
- Can the 561 have an Overlay panel?
Sub-Zero models before the 600 Series (200/300) came standard framed. These units cannot be converted from framed to overlay; there are no parts available for this type of conversion.
- The 500 Series also came standard framed with the above qualities, with one exception:
- Model 561 starting with serial number 1810000 can be done in overlay.
- For 600 and Classic series (BI) units, it is possible to convert from a framed model to an overlay model by replacing the framed handles and the framed louvered grille panel (600 Series) or framed louvered grille panel insert (BI).
- Models 680 and 690 are the exception. They cannot accept overlay panels.
- Stainless steel flush inset panels with tubular or pro handles are not available for 600 Series units.
- 600 Series units are not able to be flush inset.
- Framed louvered grille for 600 Series may have to be replaced with either an easy access panel or overlay grille panel frame.
- For Classic series, replace the framed louvered grille insert to be replaced with a custom overlay grille panel insert.
- Replace the full-length door and drawer handles with a handle side trim assembly.
- The screw cover (handle trim molding) will be reused on the new handle side trim to cover the screws.
- For overlay handle options, refer to Sub-Zero Pro Handle or Sub-Zero 3/4" and 1" Tubular Handle.
- For a photo of a framed model, refer to Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Overlay to Framed Conversion.
- See also:
- Refer to the Sub-Zero Design Guide for design specifications.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820