Replace Sub-Zero Model 550 with Classic Series Model BI-36U or BI-36UID
- Are the panels and opening size the same for model 550 and Classic series (BI) model BI-36U or BI-36UID?
- Are the electrical requirements and water location the same for model 550 and model BI-36U?
- Will panels transfer from an old unit to a new unit?
- 550 compatibility
- Can old panels go on a new unit?
The panels from model 550 will fit model BI-36U or BI-36UID with the purchase of a retrofit kit, grille, and handle.
- Retrofit kit, part number 7005229.
- Louvered grille, part number 7014850.
- The louvered grille insert needs to be purchased as a decorative framed grille. Panels from an earlier Sub-Zero series cannot be installed on a Classic (formerly Built-In) product. The custom panel dimensions are different and it will not fit.
- If used, order a new reduced height or extended grille. See Classic Series Grille Height Options.
- If unit has a grille panel, refer to Grille Panel.
- Framed handle set, part number 7014889 (or an extended handle set, part number 7003464).
- Order a new handle because the handle is longer, so the drill holes will not line up.
- Side panels cannot be reused.
BI-36U and BI-36UID Sales Accessories
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820