- Element sensing error
- Less than 5º change in temperature over 10 minutes of continuous call for heat
- Occurs only during preheat mode and the door is closed
- Error 40 on a Wolf Warming Drawer
- Err 40
- 828142, 816271
- Long comm cable
Steps to Verify Issue:
To troubleshoot error 40 on WWD30 Warming Drawer models:
- Power the unit off by pressing the Power On/Off key.
- Press and hold the Power On/Off key, along with MED and PROOF keys simultaneously for five seconds. "RE" appears on the display.
- Press and hold Timer Up and Timer Down simultaneously for five seconds. The unit will beep one time.
- Press Timer Up one time and release. If cleared, display should now read “Error None.”
- Exit Diagnostic Mode by pressing the Power On/Off key.
- Verify unit operation by turning unit on and allowing it to preheat.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue or if the error returns repeatedly, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820