- Oven cavity expansion and contraction
- Normal expansion during preheat and contraction during cool down
- Blue porcelain oven pops or bangs when unit preheats and/or cools down
- Oven popping noise when turned on or cooling down
- Why does my oven make a thumping sound?
- Oil canning in Wolf oven
Steps to Verify Issue:
A popping noise is normal with new oven cavity expansion and contraction.
- Run self clean to help reduce noise.
- For gas ovens, run the unit at a high temperature for a few hours to achieve the same results.
- Ovens may take several uses for the expansion noise to dissipate.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820