L Series Wall Oven Bake Stone Error in Self Clean
- "STONE", "Bake Stone In" or "No Bake Stone" appear in the display when trying to start the self-clean mode
- Self-clean mode does not work with the bake stone in
- Does the bake stone element need to be removed from the receptacle before running the self-clean mode?
- Why do all the L Series Wall Oven modes work except for self-clean?
L Series Wall Ovens before serial number 16000000 had a sales accessory bake stone heating element that was plugged into a receptacle near the bottom of the back wall inside the oven. This element must be removed for Self Clean.
- Pull the calrod style heating element straight out toward the front of the oven to remove it. The heating element must be removed in order for the self-clean mode to function.
- Failure to remove this causes the self-clean mode to not function and "STONE", "Bake Stone In" or "No Bake Stone" will be displayed on the control panel.
- It is possible for all other modes to function properly with the bake stone heating element plugged into the receptacle; however, Wolf does not suggest leaving the element plugged in when not in use.
- See also:
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820