- Replace a door or drawer gasket on a Classic (formerly Built-In) product
- New door gasket distorted or bent
- What to do if door gasket ripped, torn, or cracked
- BI or Classic door or drawer gasket replacement instructions
Steps to Verify Issue:
To replace a Classic (formerly Built-In) door or drawer gasket:
- A dart at the back of the door and drawer gaskets fit into channels built into the door and drawers.
- To remove a drawer gasket, first remove the drawer from the unit. See Classic Freezer Drawer Removal.
- To remove a door or drawer gasket, start at one corner and pull the gasket dart from the metal channel.
If a Refrigerator, Freezer, or Wine Storage unit door gasket is ripped, torn, or cracked, it should be replaced to avoid moisture issues inside the unit and to make sure of proper cooling continues.
The gasket is the rubber seal that goes around the edge of the inner door.
Sub-Zero recommends any door or drawer gasket replacement be completed by a service technician. Service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820