- Spray arms not rotating or clogged
- Too much or too little dishwasher detergent
- Lack of rinse aid
- Wrong wash program selected
- Dishwasher not loaded properly
- Clogged filters or drain
- Diverter valve not working
- Cove Dishwasher dishes are not clean after wash cycle
- Dishes still dirty after washing
Steps to Verify Issue:
If dishes are not cleaned adequately:
- Verify spray arms turn freely by hand.
- Verify dishes are not placed too close together and cups and bowls are face-down and not nested.
- Verify dishes are clean of large, caked-on food particles before placing them in the dishwasher.
- Do not prerinse dishes. Only scrape off large particles and load the dishes into the machine.
- Cove Dishwashers are designed to work best with some food residue. Without this residue, the unit can over clean, leading to film and spots.
- Select a different wash cycle. For more information about wash cycles, including cycle time and detergent amounts, see Cove Dishwasher Wash Cycles.
- Heavier programs are longer and use higher temperatures for dirtier loads.
- Use a heavier program better suited for the load when needed.
- Add the High Temp Wash and Sani Rinse options to the wash cycle. For information about setting options, see Cove Dishwasher Cycle Options.
- Verify the recommended amount of detergent is used per wash cycle.
- Powdered detergent is recommended. See also, Cove Dishwasher Detergent Suggestions.
- Verify the rinse aid compartment is filled.
- If the dishwasher model includes a water softener, verify that the water hardness has been set correctly. See also, Cove Dishwasher Water Hardness.
If the dishwasher does not seem to be cleaning at all, also verify the following:
- Verify water is entering the dishwasher and the water to the unit is turned on.
- Verify the filters are clean and secured properly and the drain is clear. Improperly placed filters can lead to spray arms clogging.
- Verify the spray arms are not blocked or clogged.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820