- Possible jammed ice cube
- Low water pressure
- Frozen ice maker fill tube
- Warm freezer temperature
- Water valve energized longer than fifteen seconds
- Ice bin not in place
- Designer (IT, IC, ID) refrigeration unit not making ice
- Designer ice maker not working, does not work
- No ice production
- Frozen fill tube
Steps to Verify Issue:
- After the unit is on, wait 24 hours for ice production. It may take this long to see ice cubes in the ice bin.
- Verify the ice maker is on. See How to Turn Designer (Formerly Integrated) Ice Maker On or Off for instructions.
- In the Options menu, ice cube(s) are highlighted if on.
- Make sure the door or drawer has opened and closed recently.
- If the ice maker cycles 20 times without the door opening and closing, it automatically turns off.
- Warm temperatures impact ice maker performance. Confirm the freezer temperature is at or below 5°F. Sub-Zero recommends 0°F freezer temperature.
- If the freezer temperature is higher than 5°F, see Warm Freezer Troubleshooting.
- Verify the condenser is clean. See Clean the Condenser for instructions.
- Change water filters as often as recommended, typically every 6-12 months.
- Refer to Designer Water Filter Replacement for more information.
- If installed, verify the home inline water filter is not expired. See Inline Water Filters.
- Confirm good water pressure to the unit. See How to Confirm Water Pressure.
- Verify ice maker shut-off arm is in the down position.
- Turn the unit off, and if the arm is up, push down gently. The ice maker arm only moves an inch. See also, Ice Maker Control Arm Will Not Lower.
- Verify the ice maker white plastic rudder arm is attached to the shut-off arm and reattach if needed. If broken or cracked, replace the ice maker shut-off arm.
- Make sure the water supply to the unit is on. Refer to Water Line Shut-Off Valve Location for details.
- Verify the ice maker is free of obstructions or jammed ice cubes.
- It may be necessary to defrost the freezer to clear the ice maker. Refer to Manually Defrost a Sub-Zero for instructions.
- Verify the ice maker water fill tube is not blocked. See Ice Maker Fill Tube Frozen.
- After freeing any blockages, turn the unit off, then on again to reset.
- If ice production stops often with the use of a reverse osmosis system or well water, a pressure booster or regulator may improve performance. Contact the reverse osmosis provider or speak with a plumber for suggestions.
- See also, Sub-Zero with Reverse Osmosis Water System.
- Reseat the water filter (if present) by removing and installing it. See Remove Water Filter for instructions.
- Reset the water filter if a water filter is present.
- Let 24 hours pass and check for ice production.
- Ice Maker YouTube Videos - instructs how to remove/install white plastic rudder arm
- Ice Production after Bucket Removal
- Ice Clumping Together in Ice Bin
- Ice Production and Ice Bin Capacity
- Blue or Green Ice Cubes or White Flecks in Ice
Note: When the ice maker turns on, water may not flow into it immediately.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820